Sio Weng TING, Tony
Adjunct Associate Professor
Academic Qualifications |
Related Working Experience |
Teaching and Supervision |
Research and Development |
Selected Publications |
Organization of Conferences, Seminars and Exhibition |
Professional Affiliations |
- Ph.D in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Macau, Macau (2008)
- M.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Macau, Macau (1997)
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Macau, Macau (1993)
Related Working Experience
- University of Macau, Macau, China
|-||Assistant Professor||2010/02 - Present|
|-||Senior Research Officer||2008/11 - 2010/01|
|-||Research Assistant||1998/11 - 2008/10|
- Syracuse University, NY, USA
|-||Post-doctorate Research Associate||2009/04 – 2010/03|
- Institute of Systems and Computer Engineering of Macau (INESC-Macau), Macau, China
|-||Director||2002/02 - 2003/03|
|-||Project Manager||1997/07 - 2002/01|
|-||Research Assistant||1996/03 - 1997/06|
- Institute of Systems and Computer Engineering of Lisbon (INESC-Lisbon), Lisbon, Portugal
|-||Research Assistant||1993/11 - 1995/08|
Teaching and Supervision
- Digital Systems II (ELEC210)
- Applied Electronics I (ELEC222)
- Applied Electronics III (ELEC321)
- Control Electronics and Automation (ELEC326)
- Final Year Project (ELEC402)
- System Design (ELEC437)
- Telecommunication Systems (ELEC482)
Student Project Supervision
- Advanced Topics in Telecommunications (IMSE013)
- Wireless In-Shoe Multi-sensory Monitoring System (2003)
- Artificial Neural Networks based Face Recognition System(2003)
- Intelligent Vehicle Access Control System Using Bluetooth (2002)
- Acoustic Tube Modeling of Vocal Tract (2001)
- Novel LPC-Based Modeling for Speech Recognition (2000)
- Improvements of P. O. Box Automation System (2000)
Research and Development
Research Projects (Principal or Co-principal Investigator)
- Passive Microwave Circuits
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Computational Intelligence and Signal Processing
Industrial Projects (Project Manager)
- “EM-ANN Models for Parallel Coupled-Line Microstrip Bandpass Filter with Spurious Passband Suppression”, funded by University of Macau. (2002 – 2003)
- “Wireless P. O. Box Automation System”, funded by University of Macau. (2002 – 2003)
- “Speaker-Independent Speech Recognition based on Hybrid HMM–Artificial Neural Network”, funded by University of Macau. (2000 – 2001)
- “P. O. Box Automation System”, contracted by Macau Post, Macau SAR Government. (1997 – 2001)
- “Study of Communication Schemes for 11KV Dispatch Center”, contracted by Macau Electricity Company. (1997)
- “Study of Transmission and Distribution Loss”, contracted by Macau Electricity Company. (2002)
- “Study of Wheeling Problem”, contracted by Macau Electricity Company. (2002)
- “Appraisal Information System”, contracted by Macau Electricity Company. (2000)
- “Blood Bank Management System”, contracted by Macau Blood Center. (1998 - 2001)
- S. W. Ting, X. W. Zhao, H. Zhao, Y. Zhang and T. K. Sarkar, “Parallel Higher-Order MoM Simulation for Narrow-Wall Slotted Waveguide Array,” International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APS 2010), Toronto, Canada, Jul. 2010
- X. W. Zhao, Y. Zhang, T. K. Sarkar, S. W. Ting and C. H Liang, “Analysis of a Traveling-Wave Waveguide Array With Narrow-Wall Slots Using Higher Order Basis Functions in Method of Moments,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 1390-1393, 2009
- C. C. Leong, S. W. Ting and K. W. Tam, “Spurious Suppressed Microstrip Dual-Mode Bandpass Filter Using Double U-shaped Defected Ground Structure,” 2008 Cross-Strait Tri-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference (CSTRWC 2008), Taiwan, Aug 2008.
- D. Piscarreta, S. W. Ting and K. W. Tam, “Microstrip Parallel Coupled-line Bandpass Filter with Selectivity Improvement using U-shaped Defected Ground Structure,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 911-914, Apr. 2008.
- S. W. Ting, K. W. Tam and R. Martins, "Novel Defected Ground Structure Element with Triple Transmission Zeros and Its Application for Multi-spurious Suppression of Microstrip Parallel-Coupled-Line Bandpass Filter," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 49, no.6, pp. 1409-1412, June 2007.
- S. W. Ting, K. W. Tam and R. Martins, “Miniaturized Microstrip Lowpass Filter with Wide Stopband using Double Equilateral U-shaped Defected Ground Structure,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 240-242, May 2006.
- S. W. Ting, K. W. Tam and R. Martins, “Compact Microstrip Quasi-Elliptic Bandpass Filter using Open-loop Dumbbell Shaped Defected Ground Structure,” IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS 2006), San Francisco, California, pp. 527-530, Jun. 2006.
- S. W. Ting, K. W. Tam and R. Martins, “Novel Open-Loop Dumbbell-shaped Defected Ground Structure for Wide Stopband Implementation of Microstrip Lowpass Filter,” 2005 Microwave and Millimeter-wave Symposium of China (2005’ CNMWS), Shenzhen, China, pp. 586-589, Feb. 2006.
- S. W. Ting, K. W. Tam and R. Martins, “Novel Interdigital Microstrip Bandpass Filter with Improved Spurious Response,” IEEE International Symposium on Circuit and Systems (ISCAS 2004), Vancouver, Canada, pp. 984-987, May 2004.
- S. W. Ting, K. P. Lei, C. P. Chiang and K. W. Tam, “Novel coupled-line microstrip bandpass filter with 2nd & 3rd spurious passband suppression,” The 32nd European Microwave Conference (EUMC 2002), Milan, Italy, pp. 1141-1144, Sep. 2002.
- International Steering Committee (ISC) member of International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP)
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, and Progress in Electromagnetic Research (PIER, PIER B, C, M, PIER Letters)
- Co-organizer of Wireless Technology Study Summer Camp (Macau), which is funded by Science and Technology Development Fund, Macau SAR Government
Organization of Conferences, Seminars and Exhibition
- The 2010 International Symposium of Antenna and Propagation, Macau, Dec 2008 (Technical Program Chair)
- The 2009 IEICE Antenna and Propagation, Macau, Dec 2009 (General Secretary)
- The 2008 Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, Hong Kong & Macau, Dec 2008 (General Secretary of Macau Session)
- The 9th IEEE HK/Macau AP/MTT Postgraduate Conference, Macau, Oct 2008
- The 2006 Cross-Strait Tri-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference, Macau, Aug 2006 (General Secretary)
- University of Macau’s Exhibition in ITU Telecom World 2006, Hong Kong, Dec 2006
- Wireless Communication Seminar Series, Macau, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- The 2004 IEEJ International Analog VLSI Workshop, Macau, Oct 2004
- The 5th IEEE HK/Macau AP/MTT Postgraduate Conference, Macau, Sep 2004
- The Exposition of High-Technology and Innovation’98 of Macau, Macau, Dec 1998
- Co-recipient of the Best Student Paper Award of 2008 Cross-Strait Tri-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference (CSTRWC 2008), Aug 2008, Taiwan.
- Co-supervisor of the distinguished prize winner of “2005 Challenge Cup" (China) by the project entitled "2.4 GHz Spurious Free Rectenna for Wireless Power Transmission"
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-8030
Fax: (853) 8822-2426