- Assistant Professor, University of Macau, Macau, China, Apr. 2019 - present
- Research Affiliate, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA, May 2018 -Mar. 2019
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, Mar. 2018 - Mar. 2019
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, Aug. 2013 - Jan. 2018
- Visiting Student Researcher in Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2017
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, Aug. 2009 - Jul. 2013
- Excellence in reviewing, Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, 2018
- Zijing Scholar, Tsinghua University, 2018
- China National Scholarship, Chinese Government, 2016
- Government Funded Overseas Study Scholarship, China Scholarship Council, 2015
- Outstanding Graduates, Tsinghua University, 2013
- China National Encouragement Scholarship, Chinese Government, 2013
- Internet of Things for Smart Energy
- Learning, optimization, incentive mechanism design for smart energy systems
- Interface of smart power grid and intelligent transportation systems
- Operation and optimization of electrified and autonomous transportation systems
- Principal Investigator for Sub-Project Task, Systems and Modeling for Accelerated Research in Transportation, United States Department of Energy, 2017 - 2019
- Research Assistant, EV Integration in Coupled Transportation & Power Systems, Electric Vehicle Service Corporation of China, 2017 – 2018
- Research Assistant, EV-grid Integration (National High-tech R&D Program, 2012AA050211), China Ministry of Science and Technology, 2013 - 2015
- Research Assistant, Vehicle-to-Grid Technology (National High-tech R&D Program, 2011AA05A110), China Ministry of Science and Technology, 2012 - 2015
- Z. Hu, J. He, and H. Zhang, “Energy Internet and Plug-in Electric Vehicles,” Development of Energy Internet, Edited by R. Zeng et. al., Tsinghua University Press, 2017.
- Z. Lin, Z. Hu, H. Zhang and Y. Song, “Optimal ESS allocation in distribution network using accelerated generalized Benders decomposition,” to appear in IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2019. (SCI)
- H. Zhang, Z. Hu, E. Munsing, S. J. Moura, and Y. Song, “Data-driven Chance-constrained Regulation Capacity Offering for Distributed Energy Resources,” to appear in IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, 2018. (SCI)
- H. Luo, Z. Hu, H. Zhang and H. Chen, “Coordinated Active Power Control Strategy for Deloaded Wind Turbines to Improve Regulation Performance in AGC,” to appear in IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 98-108, 2019. (SCI)
- B. Zhao, Z. Hu, Q. Zhou, H. Zhang, and Y. Song, “Optimal transmission switching to eliminate voltage violations during light-load periods using decomposition approach,” to appear in Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 297–308, 2019. (SCI)
- H. Chen, Z. Hu, H. Luo, J. Qin, R. Rajagopal, and H. Zhang, “Design and Planning of a Multiple-charger Multiple-port Charging System for PEV Charging Station,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 173-183, 2019. (SCI)
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, W. Qi, and Y. Song, “Joint PEV Charging Network and Distributed PV Generation Planning Based on Accelerated Generalized Benders Decomposition,” IEEE Trans. Transport. Electric., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 789-803, 2018. (SCI)
- X. Chen, H. Zhang, Z. Xu, C. P. Nielsen, M. B. McElroy, and J. Lv, “Impacts of Fleet Types and Charging Modes for Electric Vehicles on Emissions under Different Penetrations of Wind Power,” Nature Energy, vol. 3, pp. 413-421, 2018. (equal contribution, SCI)
- H. Chen, Z. Hu, H. Zhang and H. Luo, “Coordinated Charging and Discharging Strategies for Plugin Electric Bus Fast Charging Station with Energy Storage System,” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2019-2028, 2018. (SCI)
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, W. Qi, and Y. Song, “A Second Order Cone Programming Model for Planning PEV Fast-Charging Stations,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 2763-2777, 2018. (SCI)
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, and Y. Song, “PEV Fast-Charging Station Siting and Sizing on Coupled Transportation and Power Networks,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 2595-2605, 2018. (SCI)
- W. Qi, B. Shen, H. Zhang*, and Z. M. Shen, “Coordinating and Sharing Demand-Side Energy Resources - A Conceptual Design,” Energy, vol. 135, pp. 455-465, 2017. (*corresponding author, SCI)
- H. Zhang, Z. Hu, Z. Xu, and Y. Song, “Optimal Planning of PEV Charging Station with Single Output Multiple Cables Charging Spots,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 2119-2128, 2017. (SCI)
- H. Zhang, Z. Hu, Z. Xu, and Y. Song, “Evaluation of Achievable Vehicle-to-Grid Capacity Using Aggregate PEV Model,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 784-794, 2017. (SCI)
- H. Zhang, Z. Hu, Z. Xu, and Y. Song, “An Integrated Planning Framework for Different Types of PEV Charging Facilities in Urban Area,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 2273-2284, 2016. (SCI)
- Z. Hu, K. Zhan, H. Zhang, and Y. Song, “Pricing Mechanisms Design for Guiding Electric Vehicle Charging to Fill Load Valley,” Applied Energy, vol. 178, pp. 155-163, 2016. (SCI)
- Z. Xu, W. Su, Z. Hu, Y. Song, and H. Zhang, “A Hierarchical Framework for Coordinated Charging of Plug-in Electric Vehicles in China,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 428-438, 2016. (SCI)
- Y. Guo, Z. Hu, H. Zhang, W. Su, K. Zhan, and Z. Xu, “A Statistical Method to Evaluate the Capability of Residential Distribution Network for Accommodating Electric Vehicle Charging Load,” Power System Technology, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 2458-246, 2015. (in Chinese, EI)
- Z. Xu, Z. Hu, Y. Song, H. Zhang, and X. Chen, “Coordinated Charging Strategy for PEV Charging Stations Based on Dynamic Time-of-use Tariffs,” Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 33, no. 22, pp. 3638-3646, 2014. (in Chinese, EI)
- H. Zhang, Z. Hu, Y. Song, Z. Xu, and L. Jia, “A Prediction Method for Electric Vehicle Charging Load Considering Spatial and Temporal Distribution,” Automation and Electric Power Systems, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 13-20, 2014. (in Chinese, EI)
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, W. Qi, and Y. Song, “Joint PEV Charging Station and Distributed PV Generation Planning,” IEEE PES Gen. Meeting 2017, Chicago, IL, 2017, pp. 1-5.
- H. Zhang, W. Qi, Z. Hu, and Y. Song, “Planning Hydrogen Refueling Stations with Coordinated On-Site Electrolytic Production,” IEEE PES Gen. Meeting 2017, Chicago, IL, 2017, pp. 1-5.
- S. Bae, H. Zhang, D. Wang, C. Sheppard, and S. Saxena, “Optimal Bidding Strategy for V2G Regulation Services under Uncertainty,” IEEE PES Gen. Meeting 2017, Chicago, IL, 2017, pp. 1-5.
- H. Zhang, Z. Hu, S. J. Moura, and Y. Song, “Coordination of V2G and Distributed Wind Power Using the Storage-like Aggregate PEV Model,” IEEE PES ISGT 2016, Minneapolis, MN, 2016, pp. 1-5.
- H. Zhang, W. Tang, Z. Hu, Y. Song, Z. Xu, and L. Wang, “A Method for Forecasting the Spatial and Temporal Distribution of PEV Charging Load,” IEEE PES Gen. Meeting 2014, National Harbor, MD, 2014, pp. 1-5.
- Z. Hu, H. Zhang, and Y. Song, “A Single-Output-Muiltiple-Cables PEV Charger,” Chinese Patent, No. 201510409181.8.
- Z. Hu, H. Zhang, J. Zhang, S. Guo, and L. Yang, “A Planning Method for Highway Electric Vehicle Charging Networks,” Chinese Patent, No. 201710601822.9.
- Guest editor, IET Smart Grid, Special issue on “Achieving an Integrated Smart Power Grid and Intelligent Transportation System”
- Local Management Chair, IEEE PES Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference 2019 (APPEEC), Macao, China, Dec. 2019.
- Conference Paper Session Chair, Economics and Investments Models for the Smart Grid I, IEEE PES ISGT2016, Minneapolis, USA, Sep. 2016.
- IEEE (10): IEEE Transactions on Power Systems; IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid; IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy; IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology; IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion; IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics; IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics; IEEE Access; IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification; IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- IET (3): IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution; IET Renewable Power Generation; IET Smart Grid.
- Elsevier (6): European Journal of Operational Research; Energy; Resources, Conservation and Recycling; Transport Policy; Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review; Applied Mathematical Modelling.
- Springer (2): Protection and Control of Modern Power Systems; Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy.
- Wiley (1): International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems.
- Member of IEEE, Member of IET
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-9958
Fax: (853) 8822-2426
Personal webpage: www.hongcaizhang.com