- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA (2014)
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA (2009)
- B.S. in Statistics, Beijing Normal University, China (2007)
|08/2020—present||Assistant Professor||University of Macau, Macau|
|08/2018—08/2020||Assistant Professor||Queens College, City University of New York, New York|
|01/2016—08/2018||Boas Assistant Professor||Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois|
|08/2015—12/2015||Postdoc Fellow||Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, California|
|08/2014—07/2015||Postdoc Fellow||Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts|
Award and Honor
- AMS-Simons Travel Grant, 2017–2020.
- Graduate College Dissertation Fellowship, UIUC, Fall 2013–Spring 2014.
- Bourgin Fellowship and University Fellowship, UIUC, Spring 2013.
- Ranked as excellent teacher by students, UIUC, Spring 2012.
- Introduction to Probability and Mathematical Statistics (Queens College)
- Functions of Real Variables (Queens College)
- Introduction to Mathematical Probability (Queens College)
- Multivariable differential calculus (Northwestern University)
- Integral calculus of one variable functions and series, (Northwestern University)
- Probability and stochastic processes (Northwestern University)
- General areas: probability and statistics, functional analysis, mathematical physics.
- Specific fields: spin glasses, random matrices, (noncommutative) martingale/functional inequalities, free probability, approximation properties of groups and operator algebras, application to data science and theoretical computer science, etc.
- Antonio Auffinger and Qiang Zeng. Complexity of high dimensional Gaussian random fields with isotropic increments. Preprint. arXiv:2007.07668.
- Marius Junge and Qiang Zeng. Ultraproduct methods for mixed q-Gaussian algebras. Submitted. arXiv:1505.07852.
- Antonio Auffinger, Wei-Kuo Chen, and Qiang Zeng. The SK model is infinite step replica symmetry breaking at zero temperature. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, 73(5): 921–943 (2020).
- Antonio Auffinger and Qiang Zeng. Existence of two-step replica symmetry breaking for the spherical mixed p-spin glass at zero temperature. Communications in Mathematical Physics, 370(1): 377–402 (2019).
- Brent Nelson and Qiang Zeng. Free monotone transport for infinite variables. International Mathematics Research Notices, 2018(17): 5486–5535 (2018).
- Marius Junge, Sepideh Rezvani, and Qiang Zeng. Harmonic analysis approach to Gromov–Hausdorff convergence for noncommutative tori. Communications in Mathematical Physics, 358(3): 919–994 (2018).
- Brent Nelson and Qiang Zeng. An application of free transport to mixed q-Gaussian algebras. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 144(10): 4357–4366 (2016).
- Marius Junge and Qiang Zeng. Subgaussian 1-cocycles on discrete groups. Journal of the London Mathematical Society, 92(2): 242–264 (2015).
- Qiang Zeng. Kolmogorov’s law of the iterated logarithm for noncommutative martingales. Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré Probabilités et Statistiques, 51(3):1124–1130 (2015).
- Marius Junge and Qiang Zeng. Noncommutative martingale deviation and Poincaré type inequalities with applications. Probability Theory and Related Fields, 161(3-4): 449–507 (2015).
- Qiang Zeng. Poincaré type inequalities for group measure spaces and related transportation cost inequalities. Journal of Functional Analysis, 266(5): 3236–3264 (2014).
- Marius Junge and Qiang Zeng. Noncommutative Bennett and Rosenthal inequalities. The Annals of Probability, 41(6): 4287–4316 (2013).
- Journals Refereed: Advances in Mathematics, Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré D, Frontiers of Mathematics in China, Illinois Journal of Mathematics, Journal of Functional Analysis, Journal/Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, Journal of Theoretical Probability, Michigan Mathematical Journal, Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics.
- Co-organizer of probability seminar at Northwestern University, Winter 2016–Spring 2018.
- Scientific committee member for Midwest Probability Colloquium 2018.
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews (MathSciNet).
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-4969
Fax: (853) 8822-2426