Sin Chi KUOK, Hebe
Lecturer (UM Macao Fellow)
Academic Qualifications |
Relevant Working Experience |
Selected Publications |
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China (2015)
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China (2009)
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China (2007)
Relevant Working Experience
||Lecturer (UM Macao Fellow), FST, University of Macau, Macau, China
|08/2016 – 12/2017
||Post-doctoral Researcher, Dynamics and Monitoring Laboratory, University of Macau, Macau, China
|08/2015 – 07/2016
||Visiting Scientist, Cornell University, USA
|07/2005 – 07/2015
||Research Assistant, Dynamics and Monitoring Laboratory, University of Macau, Macau, China
|06/2006 – 08/2006
||Structural Engineering Intern (IAESTE Internship Program), ATTI-KAT S.A. Constructing and Engineering Company, Greece
|07/2004 – 08/2004
||Civil Engineering Intern, Engineering Department of Hospital Conde de S. Januârio, Macau
- Bayesian inference
- Structural health monitoring
- Sensory network configuration
- Wind-structural interaction
- Mu, H. Q., Kuok, S. C. and Yuen K. V. (2017). Stable robust extended Kalman filter (SREKF). Journal of Aerospace Engineering-ASCE, B4016010, 1-10.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2016). Investigation of modal identification and modal identifiability of a cable-stayed bridge with Bayesian framework. Smart Structures and Systems, 17(3), 445-470.
- Mu, H. Q., Yuen K. V. and Kuok, S. C (2016). Relevance feature selection of modal frequency-ambient condition pattern recognition in structural health assessment for reinforced concrete buildings. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 8(7), 1-12.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2016). Online updating and uncertainty quantification using nonstationary output-only measurement. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 66-67, 62-77.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2015) Efficient Bayesian sensor placement algorithm for structural identification: a general approach for multi-type sensory systems. Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 44(5), 747-774. [Publication featured as the Second Most Cited Article published in the journal during 2015-2016.]
- Kuok, S. C., Ng, I. T. and Yuen, K. V. (2015) Study of the attenuation relationship for the Wenchuan Ms 8.0 earthquake. Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration-Springer, 14(1), 1-11.
- Yuen, K. V., Liang, P. F. and Kuok, S. C. (2013). Online estimation of noise parameters for Kalman filter. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 47(3), 361-381.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2013). Structural health monitoring of a reinforced concrete building during the severe typhoon Vicente in 2012. Scientific World Journal, Article ID 509350.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2012). Structural health monitoring of Canton Tower using Bayesian framework. Smart Structures and Systems, 10(4-5), 375-391.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2011). Bayesian methods for updating dynamic models. Applied Mechanics Reviews-ASME, 64(1), 010802, 1-18.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2010). Modeling of environmental influence in structural health assessment for reinforced concrete buildings. Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration-Springer, 9(2), 295-306.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2010). Ambient interference in long-term monitoring of buildings. Engineering Structures, 32(8), 2379-2386.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2015). Wind Characteristics of Severe Typhoon and Wind-Induced Structural Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Building in Bayesian Perspective. Typhoons: Risk Prediction, Crisis Management and Economic and Environmental Impacts. Nova Science Publishers, New York, ISBN: 978-1-63463-309-3, pp. 99-118.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2013). System Identification and Control in Structural Engineering. Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS). United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Chapter 6.37.31. Eds. UNESCO-EOLSS Joint Committee, in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems(EOLSS), Developed under the auspices of the UNESCO, EOLSS Publishers, Paris, France (available online in: http://www.eolss.net)
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2010). Monitoring a 22-Story Building under Severe Typhoons with Bayesian Spectral Density Approach. Engineering Physics and Mechanics: Analysis, Prediction and Applications. Nova Science Publishers, New York, ISBN: 978-1-60876-227-9,pp. 509-533.
- Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing-Elsevier
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering-SAGE
- Journal of Aerospace Engineering-ASCE
- Smart Structures and Systems-Techno Press
- Alumni Member in International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) Alumni Network (2016 - present)
- Founded Committee Member and Treasurer in American Society of Civil Engineers International Student Group--University of Macau, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (ASCE ISG-UMCEE) (2005 - 2007)
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Fax: (853) 8822-2426