|Sin Chi KUOK郭善知
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China (2015)
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China (2009)
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China (2007)
|01/2021 – present||Assistant Professor, University of Macau, Macau, China|
|01/2020 – present||Academic Visitor, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|12/2018 – 12/2019||Academic Visitor, University of Oxford, United Kingdom|
|01/2018 – 12/2020||Lecturer (UM Macao Fellow), FST, University of Macau, Macau, China|
|08/2015 – 07/2016||Visiting Scientist, Cornell University, USA|
- Machine learning
- Bayesian inference
- Structural health monitoring
- Data-centric analysis
- Sensory network configuration
- Wind-structural interaction
- Kuok, S. C., and Yuen, K. V., Broad Bayesian learning for nonparametric probabilistic modeling with optimized architecture configuration, Computer‐Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, (in press)
- Kuok, S. C., Yuen, K. V., Roberts S., and Girolami M. A. (2020). Propagative broad learning for nonparametric modeling of ambient effects on structural health indicators. Structural Health Monitoring: SAGE. https://doi.org/10.1177/1475921720916923
- Kuok, S. C., and Yuen K. V. (2020). Multi‐resolution broad learning for model updating using incomplete modal data. Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 27 (8), e2571. https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.2571
- Kuok, S. C., and Yuen, K. V. (2020). Model-free data reconstruction of structural response and excitation via sequential broad learning. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 141, 106738. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2020.106738
- Kuok, S. C., and Yuen, K. V. (2020). Broad learning system for nonparametric modeling of clay parameters. ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, Part A: Civil Engineering, 6(2), 04020024.
- Kuok, S. C., and Yuen, K. V. (2020). Broad learning for nonparametric spatial modeling with application to seismic attenuation. Computer‐Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 35(3) 203-218.
- Kuok, S. C., and Yuen, K. V. (2019). Bayesian nonparametric modeling of structural health indicators under severe typhoons and its application to modeling modal frequency. Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 32(4), 04019036.
- Yuen, K.V., Kuok, S.C., and Dong, L. (2019). Self‐calibrating Bayesian real‐time system identification. Computer‐Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 34(9), 806-821.
- Zhang, P., Liu, Y., Kuok, S.C., Kan A.T., and Tomson M.B. (2019). Development of modelling approaches to describe mineral scale deposition kinetics in porous medium and pipe flow system. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 178, 594-601.
- Mu, H. Q., Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2017). Stable robust extended Kalman filter (SREKF). Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 30(2), B4016010.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2016). Investigation of modal identification and modal identifiability of a cable-stayed bridge with Bayesian framework. Smart Structures and Systems, 17(3), 445-470.
- Mu, H.Q., Yuen, K.V. and Kuok, S.C. (2016). Relevance feature selection of modal frequency-ambient condition pattern recognition in structural health assessment for reinforced concrete buildings. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 8(8): 1687814016662228.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2016). Online updating and uncertainty quantification using nonstationary output-only measurement. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 66-67, 62-77.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2015) Efficient Bayesian sensor placement algorithm for structural identification: a general approach for multi-type sensory systems. Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 44(5), 747-774.
- Kuok, S. C., Ng, I. T. and Yuen, K. V. (2015) Study of the attenuation relationship for the Wenchuan Ms 8.0 earthquake. Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration-Springer, 14(1), 1-11.
- Yuen, K. V., Liang, P. F. and Kuok, S. C. (2013). Online estimation of noise parameters for Kalman filter. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 47(3), 361-381.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2013). Structural health monitoring of a reinforced concrete building during the severe typhoon Vicente in 2012. Scientific World Journal, Article ID 509350.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2012). Structural health monitoring of Canton Tower using Bayesian framework. Smart Structures and Systems, 10(4-5), 375-391.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2011). Bayesian methods for updating dynamic models. Applied Mechanics Reviews-ASME, 64(1), 010802, 1-18.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2010). Modeling of environmental influence in structural health assessment for reinforced concrete buildings. Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration-Springer, 9(2), 295-306.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2010). Ambient interference in long-term monitoring of buildings. Engineering Structures, 32(8), 2379-2386.
- Kuok, S. C. and Yuen, K. V. (2015). Wind Characteristics of Severe Typhoon and Wind-Induced Structural Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Building in Bayesian Perspective. Typhoons: Risk Prediction, Crisis Management and Economic and Environmental Impacts. Nova Science Publishers, New York, ISBN: 978-1-63463-309-3, pp. 99-118.
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2013). System Identification and Control in Structural Engineering. Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS). United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Chapter 6.37.31. Eds. UNESCO-EOLSS Joint Committee, in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems(EOLSS), Developed under the auspices of the UNESCO, EOLSS Publishers, Paris, France (available online in: http://www.eolss.net)
- Yuen, K. V. and Kuok, S. C. (2010). Monitoring a 22-Story Building under Severe Typhoons with Bayesian Spectral Density Approach. Engineering Physics and Mechanics: Analysis, Prediction and Applications. Nova Science Publishers, New York, ISBN: 978-1-60876-227-9,pp. 509-533.
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction Research Talk, 2020/05
- University of Sheffield, Department of Mechanical Engineering Seminar, 2019/11
- University of Nottingham, Centre for Structural Engineering and Informatics Seminar, 2019/09
- University of Bristol, Faculty of Engineering Seminar, 2019/08
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction Research Talk, 2019/06
- Imperial College London, Data-Centric Engineering: Instrumented Infrastructure Seminar, 2019/04
- University of Oxford, Department of Engineering Science, 2019/01
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering-SAGE
- Advances in Structural Engineering
- Engineering Structures
- Journal of Aerospace Engineering
- Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks
- Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Smart Structures and Systems
- Structural Control and Health Monitoring
- Member, Reviewer Board of Sensors
- Member, Editorial Board of Frontiers in Built Environment
- Member, Earlier Career Researchers Committee of International Society for Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (ISHMII)
- Member, Editorial Board of Algorithms
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Fax: (853) 8822-2426