- Ph.D. in Hydraulic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (2016)
- Bachelor in Hydraulic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (2011)
- 2020.03 – present: Assistant Professor, University of Macau, Macau, China
- 2018.06 – 2020.02: Research Associate, the University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
- 2016.07 – 2018.06: Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- 2014.09 – 2015.09: Visiting scholar, the Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- Sediment dynamics in natural phenomena, engineering, and geological disasters, focusing on multi-phase numerical study of granular-fluid interactions
- Coastal hazards and safety of coastal cities
- Evolution of beach and shoreline under natural conditions and storm surge
- Meshless CFD methods, focusing on two-phase Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) model for solid-fluid flows
- Coastal sediment transport under fully nonlinear waves, Open Research Fund Program of the State Key Laboratory of Hydroscience and Engineering at Tsinghua University, Principal Investigator, Ongoing.
- Sheet flow and topography evolution in the surf and swash zone, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (中國博士後科學基金特別資助—面上連續), Principal Investigator, Completed.
- Sediment transport under sheet flow conditions in the swash zone, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (中國博士後科學基金面上資助), Principal Investigator, Completed.
- Shi H, 2017. Two-phase Flow Models for Sediment Transport (水沙兩相流數學模型及其應用). China Water & Power Press, Beijing. (in Chinese)
- Shi H, Si P, Dong P, Yu X, 2019. A two-phase SPH model for massive sediment motion in free surface flows. Advances in Water Resources, 129, 80-98.
- Si P, Shi H, Yu X, 2018. A general frictional-collisional model for dense granular flows. Landslides, 16(3), 485-496.
- Si P, Shi H, Yu X, 2018. A general numerical model for surface waves generated by granular material intruding into a water body. Coastal Engineering, 142, 42-51.
- Si P, Shi H, Yu X, 2018. Development of a mathematical model for submarine granular flows. Physics of Fluids, 30(8), 083302.
- Shi H, Yu X, Dalrymple R A, 2017. Development of a two-phase SPH model for sediment laden flows. Computer Physics Communications, 221, 259-272.
- Liang L, Shi H, Yu X, 2017. A turbulence wall function for oscillatory sheet flows. Journal of Hydrodynamics, accepted.
- Shi H, Yu X, 2015. An effective Euler-Lagrange model for suspended sediment transport by open channel flows. International Journal of Sediment Research, 30(4), 361-370.
- Shi H, Yu X, 2013. Application of transport timescales to coastal environmental assessment: A case study. Journal of Environmental Management, 130, 176-184.
- Shi H, Niu X, and Yu X, 2012. Numerical simulation of tides and tidal currents in the Beibu Gulf and Guangxi coastal areas. Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), 52(6), 791-797. (in Chinese)
Peer-reviewed Conference Full Papers
- Shi H, Yu X, 2017. A two-phase SPH model for sediment transport in free surface flows. Advances of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics: Proceedings of the 2017 SPHERIC Beijing International Workshop, pp. 71-77, October 18-20, Beijing, China.
- Shi H, 2017. A two-phase numerical model for sediment transport based on SPH. Proceedings of the 18th China Conference of Ocean and Coastal Engineering, pp. 1170-1176, September 22-25, Zhoushan, China. (in Chinese)
- Wei Z, Shi H, Li C, et al., 2016. Behavior of oil under breaking waves by a two-phase SPH model. Proceedings of the 11th International SPHERIC Workshop, June 14-16, Munich, Germany.
Conference Oral Presentations
- Shi H, Dong P, Zhou Y, 2019. SPH study of sediment gravity flows in free surface water with a rheology-based constitutive law. The 4th symposium on two-phase modeling for sediment dynamics in geophysical flows (THESIS), Sep. 17-19, Newark, Delware, US.
- Shi H, Yu X, 2017. A two-phase SPH model for sediment transport in free surface flows. SPHERIC Beijing International Workshop, Oct. 17-20, Beijing, China.
- Shi H, Yu X, 2017. A two-phase numerical model based on SPH method for sediment transport. The 18th China Conference of Ocean and Coastal Engineering, Sep. 22-25, Zhoushan, China.
- Shi H, Yu X, 2017. A two-phase SPH model for sediment transport in free surface flows. 14th Annual Meeting of Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS), Aug. 6-11, Singapore.
- Shi H, Yu X, 2016. A two-phase SPH model for sediment transport. Chinese Symposium on Coastal Engineering, Oct. 29-31, Dalian, China.
- Shi H, Chen X, and Yu X, 2015. Two-phase turbulent models for sediment transport and their applications. Chinese Postgrad Forum on Port, Coastal, and Offshore Engineering, Oct. 19-20, Nanjing, China.
- Shi H, 2013. An effective Euler-Lagrange model for sediment transport in open channel flows. 35th IAHR Congress, Sep. 8-12, Chengdu, China.
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed international journals: Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Computations, International Journal of Ocean and Coastal Engineering, Chinese Science Bulletin, Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences, Journal of Hydrology and Hydromechanics, Journal of Hydrodynamics
- Member, Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)
- Member, International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR)
- Member, UK Fluid Network
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-8062
Fax: (853) 8822-2426