- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong (2019)
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering, Zhejiang University, China (2014)
- 10/2019 – present: Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Macau
- 03/2019 – 09/2019: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- 09/2018 – 01/2019: Research Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Rain-induced multi-hazard simulation
- Coastal urban hazard analysis
- Hazard monitoring and mitigation
- Risk assessment and management
Reviewer for Conference
- Geo-Risk 2017 (ASCE), Denver, Colorado, USA 4-7 Jun 2017
- Geoshanghai International Conference 2018, Shanghai, China 27-28 May 2018
- 7th International Symposium on Geotechnical Safety and Risk 11-13 Dec 2019
Published/Accepted journal papers
- Shen, P., Zhang, L.M., Chen, H.X., and Fan, R.L. (2018). EDDA 2.0: integrated simulation of debris flow initiation and dynamics, considering two initiation mechanisms. Geoscientific Model Development, 11, 2841-2856.
- Shen, P., Zhang, L.M., Chen, H.X., and Gao, L. (2017). Role of vegetation restoration in mitigating hillslope erosion and debris flows. Engineering Geology, 216, 122-133.
- Shen, P., Zhang, L.M., and Zhu, H. (2016). Rainfall infiltration in a landslide soil deposit: Importance of inverse particle segregation. Engineering Geology, 205, 116-132.
- Gao, L., Zhang, L.M., Chen, H.X., and Shen, P. (2016). Simulating debris flow mobility in urban settings. Engineering Geology, 214, 67-78.
- Fan, R.L., Zhang, L.M., Shen, P. (2019). Evaluating volume of coseismic landslide clusters by flow direction-based partitioning. Engineering Geology, 105238.
- Yin, R., Shen, P., Lu, Z.Y. (2019). A Green Approach for the Reduction of Graphene Oxide by Ultraviolet/Sulfite Process. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 550, 110-116.
- Zhou, S.Y., Zhang, L.M., Shen, P. (2019). Predicting Multiple Hazards under Extreme Rainstorms. In Proceeding of Eighth International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering, 24-27 March, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Shen, P., Zhang, L.M., Zhu, H., and Li, X.Y. (2017). Simulating Hillslope Surface Erosion and Debris Flow Considering Variability of Soil Property. In Proceeding of Geo-risk 2017, ASCE, 4-7 June, Denver, Colorado, pp. 236-245.
- Shen, P., Zhang, L.M. (2016). An integrated numerical analysis program for simulating debris flow initiation and mobility. In Proceeding of International Symposium on Sustainability and Resiliency of Infrastructure (ISSRI 2016), International Association for Structural Safety and Reliability (IASSAR), 9-12 November, Taipei.
- Member, Chinese Society for Rock Mechanics & Engineering
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-9950
Fax: (853) 8822-2426