- Ph.D. in Marine Environmental Science, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 2017
- Master in Environmental Science, Ocean University of China, China, 2013
- Bachelor in Environmental Science, Ocean University of China, China, 2010
- 2020.03 – present: Assistant Professor, University of Macau, Macau, China
- 2018.03 – 2020.02: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Multiple-scale circulation and dynamics in South China Sea
- Cross-slope/shelf exchanges
- Numerical simulation
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed international journals: Journal of Climate, Progress in Oceanography
- Gan J.P., Liu Z.Q., Hui C.W., Tang Y., Cai Z.Y., Li J.L., (2020). The Changing Circulation of Asia Pacific Marginal Seas in the South China Sea: a Physical View. Springer Book: Changing Asia-Pacific Marginal Seas
- Cai, Z.Y., Gan J.P., Liu Z.Q., Hui R., Li J. (2019) Progress on the formation dynamics of the layered circulation in the South China Sea. Progress in Oceanography, 181(202), 102246.
- Cai, Z.Y., Gan J.P. (2019) Coupled external-internal dynamics of layered circulation in the South China Sea: A modeling study. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans,124. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JC014962
- Cai, Z.Y., Gan J. P. (2017) Formation and dynamics of a long-lived eddy-train in the South China Sea: a modeling study, Journal of Physical Oceanography,doi: 10.1175/JPO-D-17-0002.1
- Lei L., Liu, Z., Xie L., Gao H., Cai Z.Y., Chen Z., Zhao J. (2015) Dynamics governing the response of tidal current along the mouth of Jiaozhou Bay to land reclamation, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans,120,2958–2972, doi:10.1002/2014JC010434.
- Cai, Z.Y., Liu Z., Guo X., Gao H., Wang Q. (2014), Influences of intratidal variations in density field on the subtidal currents: Implication from a synchronized observation by multiships and a diagnostic calculation, J Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 119,2017–2033, doi:10.1002/2013JC009262.
- Cai, Z.Y., Gan J.P.,On dynamics of the vertical exchange among the three-layer circulations in the South China Sea. The Fourth Xiamen Symposium on Marine Environmental Science 2019, January 6-9, Xiamen.
- Cai, Z.Y., Internal dynamics response to external forcing of layered circulation in the South China Sea. Young Scientists Forum on ocean dynamics, 2018, November 1-3, Qingdao.
- Cai Z.Y., Gan J.P., Formation and dynamics of a long-lived eddy-train in the South China Sea: a modeling study. The Third Xiamen Symposium on Marine Environmental Science 2017, January 9-11, Xiamen.
- Cai Z.Y., Gan J.P., Dynamic Linkage Between Vertical Structure of South China Sea Circulation and the Lateral Forcing from Strait. AOGS (Oceania Geosciences Society) annual meeting 2016, 31 July – 5 August, Beijing.
- Cai Z.Y., Gan J.P., Dynamic Investigation of Formation Process of Long-lived Anti-Cyclonic Eddy Train in the South China Sea, Ocean Sciences Meeting 2016, 21-26 February, New Orleans, America.
- Cai Z.Y., Liu Z. Guo X., Gao H., Wang Q., Simulation of density-driven current in a semi-enclosed bay in the Yellow Sea by a robust diagnostic model with synchronous observation data. EGU (European Geosciences Union) General Assembly 2012, 22 – 27 April, Vienna, Austria.
- Cai Z.Y., Liu Z., Diagnostic Simulation of Thermohaline Circulation in Jiaozhou Bay with synchronous in-situ observation data, LOICZ (Land Ocean Interactions in the Coastal Zone) Open Science Conference 2011, 12-15 September, Yantai.
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-9097
Fax: (853) 8822-2426