- To provide undergraduate students a good environment to practice machine tools and hand tools, and understand some common manufacturing processes.
- To support hardware fabrication for course and research projects.
|Grinding Machine / Grinder
|Electric Arc-Welding Machine
|Students can learn how to perform various turning operations, such as boring, surface turning, knurling, facing, grooving and thread cutting, etc.
|It is used for shaping flat planes and keyways.
|It can produce slots, regular surfaces and profiles. This machine can also be employed to produce gears by attaching a dividing head and a gear cutter.
|The grinding machine can produce high quality flat surfaces by means of a high-speed rotating abrasive wheel.
Electric Arc-Welding Machine
|Students are able to get a basic idea of welding processes through the operation of this machine in a safe welding area.
|The hacksaw is hydraulic-operated and it can be used for parting off the raw material.
|This machine can drill straight holes with various diameters.
|The jigsaw consists of a reciprocating toothed blade to chiefly cut through, plastic, wood and other various materials.
- Machine tool practices.
- Welding exercises.
- Fitting exercises.
- Student project fabrication.
- Product design and prototype fabrication.
|Other course/design projects and competitions
Example of design project conducted
- Automatic Material Sorting Machine