UM now invites applications for the position of Research Assistant Professor in the following areas:
1. State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine / Macao Centre for Research and Development in Chinese Medicine (Website: https://sklqrcm.um.edu.mo/)
2. State Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI (Website: https://ime.um.edu.mo/)
3. State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City (Website: https://skliotsc.um.edu.mo/)
4. Ministry of Education Frontiers Science Center for Precision Oncology (Website: https://fhs.um.edu.mo/en/researchs/research-units/umfscpo/)
5. Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering (The Ministry of Education Key Laboratory) (Website: https://iapme.um.edu.mo/)
6. Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences (Website: https://ccbs.ici.um.edu.mo/)
7. Centre for Data Science (Website: https://cds.ici.um.edu.mo/)
8. Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (Website: https://cair.ici.um.edu.mo/)
9. Centre for Regional Oceans (Website: https://cro.fst.um.edu.mo/)
10. Centre for Applied Mathematics (Website: https://cam.fst.um.edu.mo/)
11. Institute of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences (Website: https://ias.um.edu.mo/)
12. Asia-Pacific Academy of Economics and Management (Website: https://apaem.um.edu.mo/)
13. Centre for Macau Studies (Website: https://cms.um.edu.mo/)
The first contract period is three years. Those who have outstanding performance can be re-appointed or enter into the track of academic staff as Assistant Professors after open recruitment. The selected candidate is expected to assume duty from early 2022.
1. Possess a PhD degree in the above-mentioned related disciplines in a world-renowned university;
2. One year or above of post-doctoral research experience;
3. Outstanding academic performance in the above-related disciplines;
4. Demonstrate a good team spirit and excellent communication skills;
5. English is the working language, while knowledge in Chinese/Portuguese will be an advantage.
A taxable annual remuneration between MOP500,000 and 700,000 (approximately USD61,720 to 86,410) will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions experience.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details. For application, please fill in the ONLINE application form and upload the following documents: 1) Detailed Curriculum Vitae; 2) Identity Document; 3) Academic certificate; 4) Performance summary form and Research proposal (download here); 5) Five representative academic publications. Review of applications will commence upon receiving applications and continue until the position is filled.
Please click below links for more details:
Post of recruiting UM Assistant Professor